Advantages of composite pools over polypropylene ones
Those wishing to arrange an artificial pond in their own home will be somewhat confused by the existing multitude of choices in the market today. What is surprising is that a reliable swimming pool is their main concern, along with an affordable price. It is the comparison of such a tank with a common polypropylene tank that this article is dedicated to, and we also offer to make the best choice in our wide range. And more details about the variety of swimming pools can be found in the next post.
Well, let’s start comparing and determining our own choice:
- Ease of installation . It takes 5-10 days to install, even an independent one (because there is nothing complicated in it, of course, for a knowledgeable person at least a little), a composite reservoir takes 5-10 days. But is it weak to spend 1-1.5 months on the same operation in the case of polypropylene? And besides, to work hard on the construction of a concrete pool with the resulting formwork and pouring concrete?
- In terms of cost, composite and polypropylene are almost identical (exceeds only a little, up to 20%), and this is with a two-fold, or even three-fold difference in the price of bowls. This is due to the lack of additional fuss with the installation of a composite bowl, which cannot be said about polypropylene. In the latter case, you will have to incur “good” costs for installation work: reinforced, concrete cushion, formwork and human labor. Do you want the pool to look rich and not so simple, and the seams and joints were not noticeable, as with polypropylene ones? Composite will help with this.
- Do you want your pool bowl to easily endure low temperatures ? For your information, polypropylene bowls can even burst (crack) in such conditions. This is due to the physical indicators of polypropylene (namely, the coefficient of thermal expansion), which is hardly worth loading you with now. Our advice, choose a reliable swimming pool.
- You do not want to see traces of joints and seams in your pool , weak points, do you? After all, all this reduces the reliability of the reservoir? That’s why you should choose a composite material.
- You hardly want your pool to fade in a short time from the sun’s ultraviolet rays. Polypropylene tends to discolor at the joints and places left without water. And it’s all pretty noticeable. Reliable swimming pool does not discolour.
- What do you think is more reliable , one solid solid stable part, or one in which, with a certain probability, water can flow between the concrete wall and the bowl; or can it separate from the walls and ends, or peel off the edge from the surface of the concrete board? Unpleasant little things, not with composite.
- The smoothness of both types of pool is almost that of twin brothers, but with a composite reservoir, the strength (density) is much higher.
- Will it be convenient to have from the very beginning in the bowl descending ladders under water , or comfortable places for an underwater seat? With polypropylene pools, everything has to be done from scratch. Does this equate to increased costs?
- Of course, you would like to avoid any kind of injury , right? The reasons for them can be sharp corners in the design of the bowl, the lack of smooth internal folds, the impossibility of covering the steps and the surface as a whole with anti-slip materials. Polypropylene in this perspective is more problematic.
- Remember that no one can be immune from underground, groundwater and their bad behavior. Under such a set of circumstances, the composite tank will be a reliable swimming pool, because the physics of this material is resistant to high groundwater levels. But with polypropylene troubles, besides expensive ones, you won’t get enough. Another subtle and dangerous moment. The composite pool is not afraid of water getting between the walls, the base and the bowl. And polypropylene, can be torn away from the stiffeners.
- Well, who doesn’t want to have as many color choices as possible for their favorite pool? Polypropylene does not indulge in its choice, even at all, only blue and blue. Such a sacrifice is caused by the property of polypropylene in favor of UV resistance.
- Wouldn’t it be better to have fewer headaches when repairing your pool , such as chips or cracks? In addition, it is easy to match the color of retouching repair areas that are polished and become invisible. What you cannot do with polypropylene, without cutting out the damaged area and welding new material into it. Of course, everything is perfectly visible after the repair.
- You don’t want such a surprise as heating from the sun and changing shape , don’t you. Composite pools easily pass this test. But polypropylene ones, changing their shape in places where there is no water when heated by rays, will remain so even after filling with water.
- Imagine that you want to change the small bowl of the pool to a large one, or just change its place . With a composite tank, everything will go almost painlessly. Not with polypropylene, because the bowl will become unusable after dismantling.
- What is better, a 7-year guarantee for the flow of water in the pool bowl, as with a composite material, or 1 year, as is the case with polypropylene?