Popular swimming pool or concrete tank?
The purpose of this article is to present the reader with the comparative characteristics of the types of artificial pools given in the title in terms of positive and negative aspects. A popular swimming pool of recent years – composite, or as it is also called, made of fiberglass is widely represented in our product range and you can buy them. If you want to learn more about all types of pools, you can read the article, after which your goal, we hope, will be determined.
Let’s go straight to the pros:
- Simple and easy to install. How do you like the prospect of installing a composite pool on your own in just a few days (5 – 10)? Or maybe you are more attracted by the construction of a concrete pool stretched out in time, well, somewhere for 2-3 months, in addition, not on your own, but exclusively by experienced builders? Of course, if you have specific experience in construction work, then you can handle it with a lot of work, but look, make no mistake, a mistake in construction will cost a lot.
- It is unlikely that you will be spoiled by the fact that the cost of a composite pool compared to a concrete one, of the same size and volume, will cost 30-70% cheaper .
- Who will be against transparency and clarity in the estimate for the construction (installation) of the pool? Of course, no one. When choosing a composite pool, this is exactly how things will be, and take only 5% for unforeseen costs. In the case of a concrete pool, the picture changes radically: there are frequent cases of unsatisfactory quality, inadequate monitoring of the construction process and misleading ignorant customers by the work performed (“evenness of the walls after pouring concrete”, “formwork stability”, “economical consumption of materials”, “their replacement with better and more expensive materials, etc.).
- The popular swimming pool, or rather its bowl made of composite material, is unpretentious in maintenance, and therefore the next plus will be easier maintenance. It’s not difficult, after all, to wipe the surface of the reservoir thoroughly with ordinary household products a couple of times a year. In the case of pools lined with mosaics, you will get tired of cleaning them, especially between the seams, which are depots for pollution and construction “beneficial” fungi.
- Do you want to save on operating costs , mainly on electricity for heating water and cleaning the surface of the pool? Then know that the composite material is a poor heat conductor and the water in it will cool for a long time.
- Do you want to provide your pool with high reliability ? Then a composite reservoir due to the absence of components (only one part), installation errors, waterproofing, tiling and welding of the film coating.
- Do not worry too much about the need for minor repairs, whether it be a crack or a chip (large ones simply will not be necessary), which rarely happens with composites – it is easily repaired. Much more problems will arise with the repair of concrete pools, which require the connection of a qualified repairman.
- A composite pool in repair is much more affordable than a concrete one (in case of cracks in concrete, fallen off tiles or damaged films).
- The composite was installed here today, but tomorrow or the day after tomorrow they wanted to change the place? No problem – they are easy to dismantle. And it’s good that you don’t have a concrete pool, somehow you won’t have problems with moving it to another place – both costs and time.
- Due to its physical and chemical properties, the composite pool is resistant to deformation and shear . This is where his elastics and ability to change shape come to his aid, and therefore small shifts in the ground are easily maintained without damage. What can not be said about the concrete fellow, because it is very likely to crack.
It’s time to write something about the disadvantages of composite pools:
- Do not shove them into the finished room.
- Transportation over long distances is relatively expensive.
- The choice of sizes and shapes is also relatively limited.
- If cheap materials were used in the production of composite pools (there is a list of them to “reduce the cost”), then after a few years of operation they will emerge. Choose a certified manufacturer.
The above indicators show that the composite pool has not been in vain among the popular pools for the home in the last decade.