The advantages of composite pools over polypropylene
Those who wish to arrange an artificial reservoir in their own home will be somewhat confused with the existing array of choices in the bazaar today. What is surprising is that a reliable swimming pool is the subject of their main interest along with an acceptable price. This article is dedicated to the comparison of such a tank with a common polypropylene one, and we also offer to make the best choice in our wide range. And in more detail about the variety of swimming pools can be found in the next post.
Well, let’s proceed to the comparison and the definition of their own choice:
- Easy to install. The installation, even an independent one (because nothing complicated in it, of course, requires only 5–10 days for a competent person). And it is weak to spend on the same operation in the case of polypropylene 1-1.5 months? And besides, pretty work on the device of a concrete pool with the resulting formwork and pouring concrete?
- In terms of cost, composite and polypropylene are almost identical (more than just a little, up to 20%), and this is with a double, or even threefold difference in the price of bowls. This is due to the lack of additional mess with the installation of the composite bowl, which can not be said about polypropylene. In the latter case, you will have to incur “good” installation costs: reinforced, concrete cushion, formwork and human labor. Do you want the pool to look rich and not so simple, and the seams and joints are not noticeable, as in the case of polypropylene? Composite will help in this.
- Do you want your pool bowl to tolerate low temperatures? For information, polypropylene bowls can even burst (crack) in such conditions. This is due to the physical indicators of polypropylene (namely, the coefficient of thermal expansion), which is hardly worth you to load now. Our advice, choose a reliable swimming pool.
- You do not want to see in your pool traces of joints and seams, weak points, is not it? After all, all this reduces the reliability of the tank? That’s why you should choose a composite material..
- You hardly want your pool to fade soon from solar, ultraviolet rays. Polypropylene tends to discolour in the joints and places without water. And this is all pretty noticeable. Reliable swimming pool does not discolor.
- What do you think is safer, one continuous solid piece, or one in which the water can flow, with a certain probability, between a concrete wall and a bowl; or can separate from the walls and ends, or peel off the edge from the surface of the concrete board? Nasty little things, not with composite.
- The smoothness of both types of the basin is almost identical to the twin brothers, but at the composite reservoir the strength (density) is much higher.
- Is it convenient to have from the very beginning in a bowl descending ladders under water, or comfortable places for an underwater seat? With polypropylene pools, everything has to be done from scratch. But this is tantamount to increased costs?
- Of course you would like to avoid any injuries, right? The reasons for them can be sharp corners in the design of the bowl, the lack of smooth internal folds, the inability to cover with antiskid materials of the steps and the surface as a whole. Polypropylene in this perspective is more problematic.
- Remember that no one can be insured against groundwater and their bad behavior. Under such a set of circumstances, the composite reservoir will be a reliable swimming pool, because the physics of this material is durable to a high level of groundwater. But with polypropylene troubles, besides expensive, you will not turn around. Another subtle and dangerous moment. Composite pool is not afraid of water between the walls, the base and the bowl. A polypropylene can be rejected from stiffeners.
- Well, who does not want to have, as much as possible the possibility of a color choice for your favorite pool? Polypropylene does not indulge its choice, even at all, only blue and blue. Such a sacrifice is caused by the property of polypropylene in favor of UV resistance.
- Wouldn’t it be better to have fewer headaches if you need to repair the pool, such as chipping or cracking? In addition, it is easy to select the color of the retouching repair site, which are polished and become invisible. What you can not with polypropylene, without cutting the damaged area and welding it into a new material. Of course, everything is perfectly visible after repair.
- You do not want such a surprise, as the heat from the sun and the change in shape, is not it. Reliable swimming pool of
composite materil are easy to handle. But polypropylene, changing shape in places where there is no water when heated by rays, will remain so even after filling with water.
- Imagine that you wanted to change a small pool bowl to a larger one, or simply change its place. With a composite tank, everything will be almost painless. With polypropylene not, because, as the bowl will become unusable, after dismantling.
- What is better, 7-year warranty on the flow of water in the pool basin, as in a composite material, or 1 year, as in the case of polypropylene?